It’s pretty obvious that the internet is here to stay for a long time, if not forever. As long as the internet is around, people will always be using it.
Whether that be for pure entertainment, research, or searching for and buying products and services.
Did you know that there are almost 2 BILLION internet users across the world? Or perhaps that over 77% of the US population is online?
It should come as no surpise that no matter what industry you are in, no matter what type of products or services you offer…there is someone online RIGHT NOW searching for what you have to offer.
So, let me ask you a question:
If you want to really get the word out about your business, does it make sense to find out where all the people are and put your business in front of them?
Of course it does!
“When done right, your website can be your most valuable asset. A well designed website is a powerful marketing tool working for you around the clock on auto pilot. Continuously pulling in new prospects by the hour and converting them into customers.”
Sound to good to be true?
If it does, then my advice would be to check out our free 3 day e-course and see where I talk about this in more detail and show you some real life examples.
A poorly designed website can actually do more harm to your business then it can good.
It’s not only the looks that matter, but the marketing funnels that are setup WITHIN that website. Sure, an ugly or outdated website can hurt your image and people will have a hard time taking you seriously.
However, the prettiest website in the world is USELESS without the correct marketing funnels in place. Without the the marketing funnels, it is nothing more than a really expensive business card.
No, a website by itself cannot miraculously transform your business.
- You MUST make sure it is properly optimized for your target keywords so that the search engines know where to place you in the search results.
- You MUST have a specific call to action on EVERY page so that your visitors know exactly what you want them to do. Otherwise, they’ll just leave.
- You MUST capture their contact details before they leave your website so you can follow up with them, otherwise they’ll just leave and forget about you.
- You MUST have an automatic follow up process in place, so you can keep your marketing on auto pilot.
- You MUST provide valuable content to your visitors and they should leave your website a little bit smarter then they where before. If you all you do is SELL on every page, they’ll just leave.
- You MUST connect with your visitor on a personal level. Social media sites like Facebook provide the perfect platform for this. When integrated into your website’s marketing funnel it is DEADLY effective.
So, there you have it.
Hopefully this article has answered some of your questions about whether or not you need a website. The short answer is obvious…YES, a website can help your business if it’s setup the right way.
Please don’t make the common mistake of hiring a web designer that knows nothing about internet marketing. When searching for a web designer you must always make sure they are experienced in internet marketing…otherwise you’ll get nothing more than a really “pretty” yet over priced business card
Keep this article handy and ask them questions about the stuff we’ve talked about here on this page.
If they can’t answer the 6 “MUSTS” above, keep looking.
My shameless promo…
It wouldn’t make sense for me to write this article and not tell you that we build websites that CAN actually help your business.
We are internet marketing experts who happen to be web designers. If you’d like to speak with us about how we can help your business, please contact us with your questions or request a quote.